Inside Paris is a special four-night Experience, based in heart of Paris, not far from the River Seine in the famous Latin Quarter.
This trip focuses on themed days, including French gastronomy and food history, art and architecture, homes and gardens, while visiting through the perspective of locals for a true “inside” experience. Highlights include:
– An introductory jaunt about town in an iconic French Citroën 2CV car. This is a bucket list, once-in-a-lifetime experience and a great way to get to know your fellow travelers.
– A walking tour of the Haut Marais, once the textile district, and now the hub of contemporary artisans and creators. It’s a very authentic and creative area of Paris. Our visit is hosted by a local guide and blogger.
– A visit inside one of Paris’ charming “house” museums, ranging from Haussmannian apartments to city mansions (known in French as “hotels”). Unique collections of art and furniture bring these historic homes to life. We also learn the stories of their former Parisian owners.
– Exploration of one or two special Paris gardens, accompanied by a passionate garden lover.
– A special day focused on gastronomy and food history, hosted by a specialized guide who is also a professional chef. Our day will include lunch in a historic eating establishment created at the beginning of the 20th century to serve all walks of life. Simple and tasty French bistro meals are still presented in glorious art deco interiors that retain their authentic atmospheres.
– As part of this food heritage walk, we will visit a few historic shops catering to the former wholesale district of the city, including a generations-old kitchen equipment store, an “épicerie” selling the finest ingredients from across France, and also the most historic “patisserie” in Paris (with a delicious tasting, of course!).
– Other memorable meals may include a wine bar for cheese and charcuterie, a crêperie for a savory meal, a local Lebanese restaurant (Parisians’ favorite ethnic cuisine), a Parisian tea room, and a final night dinner at a restaurant “bistronomique” (contemporary & creative cuisine in a local bistro setting). One highlight is private dinner hosted by a Parisian food stylist and caterer at her Haussman apartment.
Although it can be booked as a standalone trip, this shorter Experience is planned to be an ideal pre-trip or post-trip to one of our week-long trips in France (The Luberon Experience or The Mediterranean Provence Experience). If you book Inside Paris and a week-long Experience, transportation by high-speed train between the two locations is included.