Updated on July 21st, 2023
The Paris Experience is a unique week-long Experience trip, based in the heart of Paris, in a neighborhood in the Latin Quarter, near St Germain des Prés and the River Seine.
Paris is one of the most fascinating, beautiful and loved cities on earth. The “City of Light” is the apex of architectural beauty, artistic expression and culinary delight. Bit the true charm of Paris, lies in the small details: the quaint cobblestone streets, perfectly manicured gardens, bakeries on every street corner, Belle Epoque brasseries, and sidewalk cafés. This is the locals’ authentic Paris and the one we enjoy during our week together.
This trip is designed for those who have already visited the most-touristed highlights of Paris. We dig deeper, providing experiences that locals enjoy, some not normally accessible to visitors.
Our week focuses on themed days, including French gastronomy and food history, art and architecture, homes and gardens, neighborhoods, and history, while visiting through the perspective of locals for a true “inside” experience. Special activities and unique experiences include:
– An introductory jaunt in an iconic French Citroën 2CV car. This is a bucket list, once-in-a-lifetime experience and a great way to get to know your fellow travelers.
– A visit to the St Ouen flea market, also known as “Les Puces” and one of the biggest antique markets in the world. This is the best spot to pick up vintage fashion or a pre-loved treasure.
– A walking tour of the Marais district, one of the oldest neighborhoods of Paris, filled with aristocratic mansions and hidden courtyards dating to the time of King Louis 14th.
– A visit inside one of Paris’ charming “house” museums, such as the Musée Carnavalet or Musée Cognac-Jay. Unique collections of art, furniture, decorative objects and maps show the history of Paris and Parisians’ way of life through the ages, in beautiful nobleman’s mansions restored to their former glory.
– Exploration of the Jardins de Bagatelle, accompanied by a passionate garden lover and garden designer.
– An “off the beaten path” walking tour of the Latin Quarter, our neighborhood for this week, taking in plenty of hidden secrets that are usually only known to locals.
– A special day focused on gastronomy and food history, hosted by a specialized guide who is also a professional chef and including lunch in a historic eating establishment.
– A day trip outside central Paris to visit a historic chateau, normally the Chateau de Malmaison, the former family home of Josephine and Napoleon Bonaparte.
– Memorable meals in a variety of settings, including at least one special meal in a private home.
On this week-long Experience you’ll have some free time for relaxation, shopping, or your personal interests.
This is a “mixed” group of women and men, but is more than 75% women. Solo women will feel very comfortable in this group!